2015 U.S. Open – Volunteers Needed
Orphans Africa (OA) is a 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt charitable organization that began in 2007 with the coming together of three ordinary people whose desire was to build peace between nations by providing assistance to those who are most vulnerable.
Do you like golf? Do you want to volunteer for the 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Golf Course? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you to help support Orphans Africa!
Orphans Africa has been offered the chance to volunteer for the U.S. Open and in return will receive $10/hour that each volunteer works. You must volunteer for at least three (3), eight (8)-hour shifts. That’s a total of (at least) $240 per volunteer that will go towards the education of orphans and the empowerment of widows in Tanzania!
What can $240 do for Orphans Africa’s projects?
- Give an education to two girls for one (1) year.
- Provide a scholarship for one (1) semester to one (1) orphan to attend vocational/technical training, teacher’s college or even university.
- Provide five (5) sets of textbooks (7 subjects).
- Provide school supplies, such as notebooks, pencils and erasers, pens and calculators, to four (4) orphan students.
- Provide porridge to ten (10) orphan students for six (6) months.
- Provide 70 orphans with medical insurance for one (1) year.
- Provide 16 washable feminine hygiene kits for girls and young women.
- When: June 15-21, 2015
- Where: Chambers Bay Golf Course, University Place, WA
- Volunteers must attend a six (6) hour training course and take a one (1) hour online FEMA training course.
- Volunteers must work at least three (3), eight (8)-hour shifts.
- All proceeds will go directly to Orphans Africa!