Dedicated to the education of orphans in Africa.
Orphans Africa envisions a world without poverty in which all persons have the freedom and opportunities to pursue happiness and maximize their potential.
- OA believes in development, not aid, as development at the grassroots level empowers people to rise to their own giftedness and break the cycle of poverty.
- Education frees people from bondage; ignorance is disabling.
- It is every person’s right to be self-sufficient and determine their own destiny.
- OA embraces diversity and supports people of all ages, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, or socioeconomic statuses.
- Orphans Africa believes it can best educate orphans through a combination of various innovative, yet practical strategies:
- Construct and support self-sustainable schools for orphans that focus on educational excellence and leadership
- Provide safe residences where orphans can live and thrive
- Provide preventive health education
- Collaborate with local, grassroots NGOs
- Collaborate with international nonprofit charities
- Foster strong relationships with local communities and governments